Najdenova Ludmila Ivanovna, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, sub-department of pedagogy and psychology, Penza State Technological University (1a/11 Baidukova lane / Gagarina street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Vostroknutov Evgeniy Vladimirovich, Candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of pedagogy and psychology, Penza State Technological University (1a/11 Baidukova lane / Gagarina street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Osipova Natalia Vladimirovna, Candidate of sociological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of pedagogy and psychology, Penza State Technological University (1a/11 Baidukova lane / Gagarina street, Penza, Russia), O-Natali-V@mail.ru
Background. An important problem of modern sociological research is the emergence of relatively new social strata (for example, the precariat), and subsequent changes in the social structure of the contemporary Russian society. The aim of this work is to analyze the trends and opportunities of the emergence of this social phenomenon by the example of the precariat, known as the social layer of Russian sociology and a class in international sociology, as well as to bring qualitative predictions of consequences of possible changes in the social structure of the modern Russian society.
Materials and methods. The research methodology is based on the system approach which allows to reliably classify the conditions and factors of the emergence of the precariat in the contemporary Russian society, as well as the emergence of social risks in the process of further social stratification of the modern Russian society. On the basis of the theoretical analysis and content analysis of secondary data, the authors propose a qualitative scenario in relation to social behavior not only of the precariat as a new social stratum, but also in relation to some other social groups in the Russian society that may influence social stability.
Results. The article analyzes the conditions and factors of the precariat emergence possibility in the contemporary Russian society on the basis of the secondary analysis of research results of modern Russian sociologists. It is revealed that the low competitiveness of graduates from higher educational institutions, as well as the excessive availability of higher education, the flip side of which is a low probability of employment in their desired occupations – are fairly important factors in the replenishment of the precariat graduates of higher educational institutions.
Conclusions. On the basis of the studied materials, the article determines the social status essence, classifies social characteristics of the selected group of factors contributing to an increase in the number of the precariat (including graduates of higher educational institutions), as well as contributing to the orientation of its social behavior. It is shown that the emergence of new social groups in the social structure and the change of status in the social stratification can already be considered as factors of probable social risks in the near future.
precariat, social stratification, social structure, class, social layer, social risks
1. Toshchenko Zh. T. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2015, no. 6, pp. 3–13.
2. Golenkova Z. T., Goliusova Yu. V. Sotsiologicheskaya nauka i praktika [Sociological science and practice]. 2013, no. 3, pp. 5–14.
3. Stending G. Prekariat: novyy opasnyy klass [Precariat: a new dangerous class]. Moscow: Ad Marginem Press, 2014, 328 p.
4. Kozina I. M. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2013, no. 5,
5. Naemnyy rabotnik v sovremennoy Rossii [A wage worker in modern Russia]. Execut. ed. Z. T. Golenkova. Moscow: Novyy khronograf, 2015, 368 p.
6. Kosnikova E. I., Gulyaev R. A., Osipova N. V. Spros i predlozhenie na rynke truda i rynke obrazovatel'nykh uslug v regionakh Rossii: sb. dokl. po materialam Devyatoy Vseros. nauch.-prakt. internet-konf. [Demand and offer in the labor market of educational
services in regions of Russia: proceedings of 9th All-Russian scientific and practical online conference]. 2012, pp. 175–186.
7. Volkov Yu. G. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2011, no. 11, pp. 25–32.
8. Reutov E. V., Reutova M. N. Vlast' [The power]. 2017, no. 5, pp. 68–73.
9. Zubok Yu. A., Chuprov V. I. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2017, no. 5, pp. 57–66.
10. Chuprov V. I., Zubok Yu. A., Uil'yams K. Molodezh' v obshchestve riska [Youth in the society of risks]. Moscow: Nauka, 2003, 231 p.
11. Zubok Yu. A. Fenomen riska v sotsiologii: opyt issledovaniya molodezhi [The risk phenomenon in sociology: the experience of youth studies]. Moscow: Mysl', 2007, 288 p.
12. Yanitskiy O. N. Mir Rossii [The world of Russia]. 2003, no. 1, pp. 3–35.